Accessing the Apache Handlers interfaceLogin to your cPanel control panel using your web browser. Go to 'http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel/' (without the quotation marks). So if your domain name is 'example.com' you should go to 'http://www.example.com/cpanel/' to login to your control panel. The Apache Handlers interface is in the "Advanced" tab, simply click on the name or the icon to enter.
Creating an Apache handler
- Enter the handler name in the "Handler" text box. The following are cPanel built-in handlers;
- default-handler - Sends the file and for static content, uses Apache's default handler.
- send-as-is - Sends the file with HTTP headers intact.
- cgi-script - Handles the file as a CGI script.
- imap-file - Parses the file as an imagemap rule file.
- server-info - Retrieves the server's configuration parameters.
- server-parsed - Parses the file for server-side includes.
- server-status - Retrieves the server's status information.
- type-map - Parses the file as a type map file.
- Enter the file extension you'd like to use in the "Extension(s)" text box.
- Click "Add" button.
Please note that a file extension consists of the letters after the dot (.) in a file name (i.e., filename.fileextension) and you should seperate multiple extensions with a space (i.e., .cgi .pl .ppl).
Removing an Apache handler
- In the "User Defined Apache Handlers" table, click "Delete" under the "Remove" heading for the appropriate handler.
- Click "Yes" to approve.
Please note that the file extensions automatically handled by Apache can't be removed.
In order to contact our support department, please follow these steps;
- Sign in to your client portal from the following URL: https://clientportal.virgohosting.com
- Click "Support" link in the menu to access the "Support Tickets" interface. If you're accessing the client portal from a mobile device, the menu may be accessible by clicking the "MENU" icon depending on your screen resolution.
- Click "Submit New Ticket" button.
- Choose the help desk you'd like to send your support ticket to from the "Help Desk" dropdown menu.
- Enter the support ticket subject and your message in the appropriate text boxes.
- Click "Submit" button. Our support staff will reply to your ticket as soon as possible